WHY A QB COACH?
When choosing a QB coach, here are the questions that you have to ask yourself:
2. What are other people saying about the QB trainer? Will he help my son/daughter become the best QB and also the best person that they can be?
3. Is my coach an expert in movement analysis? Can he look at my son/daughter’s movement to evaluate where there flaws are and then give them the tools to max out their ceiling as a player?
4. Are they able to decrease risk of injury for my son/daughter? Since the throwing motion is such a demanding one, are they able to provide exercises that will specifically decrease rate of injury in back, shoulder, and elbow?
5. Are they able to give detailed description of how they are going to help your son/daughter?
There are a lot of local QB trainers out there. The good ones are few and far between. We believe that it is our job to educate parents/players on what they should look for in this person, even if you don’t end up choosing us to work with.
Here are a list of the things that a good QB coach will do for your child.
– Be able to ASSESS their throwing mechanics, not just GUESS. There needs to be a “why” behind everything that the player is doing.
– Provide them with the highest level of drills that are going to make them perform better on the field. They have to be specific to the demand of the position.
– Build rapport with the player so they player can trust what they are saying is the right thing.
– Be able to progress/regress the program based on the player’s individual needs. Players will start at different levels. There has to be a plan put in place that suits the player specifically. Everyone is different. No cookie cutter programs.
– Be able to educate the player on the pressures that come with playing the position. This means not only on the field, but also off the field. The quarterback is always in the public eye.
– Give them a set of tools to decrease injury risk. Pain is present in 80% of athletes. All quarterbacks will present with shoulder or elbow pain at some point. How will you combat that?
FREE 10 MINUTE CONSULTATION
CONNECT WITH THE QB DOCS
GET IN TOUCH